Press Statement after European Council President Donald Tusk’s participation in a video conference
In the afternoon of 3 March, the President of the European Council discussed global security issues during a video conference with the leaders of France, Germany, Italy, U.K. and U.S. The talks focused on the situations in Ukraine and Libya.
On Ukraine and Russia, the leaders agreed:
- to support the full implementation of the Minsk agreements of September 2014 and the modalities agreed for their implementation on 12 February 2015;
- to support and strengthen the OSCE’s ability and capacity to monitor the implementation of the Minsk agreements;
- that there is a close link between sanctions and the full implementation of the Minsk agreements;
- that leaders will be ready to decide on further sanctions, if the Minsk agreements are further violated; and
- to continue supporting Ukrainian reforms and the Ukrainian economy.
On Libya, the leaders expressed grave concern for the deteriorating situation and a readiness to further discuss the matter.
The President of the European Council will use this discussion to further prepare the next European Council on 19 and 20 March 2015.